This page is ever growing, if you have any info you want to add or change on this page, please contact me by clicking on “Contact” at the top of this page in the main menu and let me know. Thank you!
Toxicology and The Alike
- African Society of Venimologie – “The ASV aims at: 1) Bringing together all persons or entities doing business within the various areas of toxinology and promote exchanges between them; 2) Disseminating any information concerning the scientific discipline; 3)Contributing to the continuing education of its members through conferences, workshops, expert meetings and so on; 4) Improving the practice of discipline in all member countries.”
- British Toxicology Society – “The bts is a society for all fields of professional toxicologists and all with an interest in toxicology.”
- International Society on Toxinology – “The International Society on Toxinology was founded in 1962 by a group on scientists and clinicians interested in advancing the science of toxinology, including basic toxin research, applied toxin research such as applications of toxins as research tools or scaffolds for new drug development, epidemiology of toxin-induced-diseases, and clinical effects of toxins and the treatment of associated diseases.”
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry – “SETAC is a not-for-profit, worldwide professional organization composed of more than 5,300 individuals and institutions in over 90 countries dedicated to the study, analysis and solution of environmental problems, the management and regulation of natural resources, research and development and environmental education.”
- Society of Toxicology – “Founded in 1961, the Society of Toxicology (SOT) is a professional and scholarly organization of scientists from academic institutions, government, and industry representing the great variety of scientists who practice toxicology in the US and abroad.”
- The Brazilian Society of Toxinology – (Portuguese)”A Sociedade Brasileira de Toxinologia (SBTx) é uma associação de caráter científico e cultural, sem fins lucrativos, que tem por finalidade contribuir para o desenvolvimento de conhecimentos relacionados a venenos e toxinas derivadas de animais, microorganismos e plantas.”
- The North American Society of Toxinology – “Founded in July, 2012, The North American Society of Toxinology (NAST) is a North America-based, international, multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the advancement of the science of all things venomous.”
- The Phoenix Herpetological Society / Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is a statewide facility that includes a surrender facility, education program, summer camps and rescue and rehabilitation.
- American Tarantula Society – “The American Tarantula Society or ATS, established in 1991, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to furthering education about tarantulas and other arachnids.”
- British Tarantulas Society – “The aim of the British Tarantula Society is to promote and encourage the responsible husbandry, research, captive breeding, conservation and general knowledge of theraphosids, scorpions and associated fauna”
Groups and Forums
- Venomous Reptile Keeper Mentorship – Facebook Group
- Viperkeeper’s Venomous Reptiles Forum – Facebook Group