Wolf spiders (family Lycosidae) are not considered highly dangerous to humans. While they possess venom, it is primarily used to immobilize their prey rather than for defense. Their bites may cause localized pain, redness, and swelling, similar to a bee or wasp sting. In rare cases, some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to the venom, resulting in more severe symptoms.
It’s important to note that the term “poisonous” is typically used to refer to organisms that are harmful if ingested. Since wolf spiders are not commonly consumed as food, they are not considered poisonous in that sense, click here for further explanation on the terminology. However, they can be venomous, as they have venom that they use to subdue their prey.
Every man dies. Not every man really lives. – William Wallace