Contrary to popular belief, it is not recommended to suck out snake venom with your mouth and is extremely dangerous. The notion of using suction to remove snake venom is a persistent myth, to the point that you can still purchase devices to suck out venom.
Snake venom enters the bloodstream very quickly, often within seconds to minutes after a snakebite occurs. By the time suction is applied, the venom has already spread beyond the immediate site of the bite. Additionally, attempting to suck out the venom with your mouth can introduce the venom into your own blood stream and kill you. Even more, depending on the type of venom, people have died from venom causing swelling within their airways chocking them to death.
If you or someone else is bitten by a snake, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. The recommended first aid for snakebites includes:
Medical professionals have specialized knowledge and access to appropriate antivenom and treatments, which are the most effective means of managing snakebite envenomation.
A great man does not seek applause or place; he seeks for truth; he seeks the road to happiness, and what he ascertains, he gives to others. – Robert Green Ingersoll